Thursday, September 16, 2010

Somebody Started School


school33

school13

school44

school111

school5

scholl9

school7



school8

school10

Anna Cate started pre-school last Tuesday so we had a little family celebration the night before with a picnic at the lake. I realize now (thank you Will) ;) that it was a little over-the-top, but I think I process things by creating "distractions" for myself. To say I was emotional about my first born starting school would be an understatement so I think I overcompensated by planning something special to celebrate! Instead of dwelling on the fact that she is growing up, I busied myself with glitter, frosting, and scrap-booking paper. I seriously didn't think it was that bad until the people driving by in the boat (in the last picture) yelled out "Happy Birthday!" and I just got "the look" from Will. :) Ok, well, guess he was right.
We did make some fun memories that night and I hope it will become a tradition for our family.

****************

First Day of School Picture


day
"Anna Cate, smile sweetie!"

day2
"Ok, good job, but try to look at me and keep your eyes open."

school2
"Sweetheart, a smile, I need a smile.
Aren't you excited to start your first day of school?"

school
"great job!"

The first day wasn't so bad after all...both she and I did great! And it is nice to have some one-on-one time with Caroline. I forgot how easy it is with just one at home! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment