Monday, June 14, 2010

Summer Dates for Sewing Workshops


New dates are now open for summer sewing workshops. I've added two new classes for those who have attended the first workshop and are interested in learning some new techniques!

**FYI - there are no pictures of the projects because we are at the beach this week and I have no access to all of my photos. I'll update this post with pics once we are home!


Get Your Stitch On
Sewing Workshops


Where & When:
Lexington, SC
9:00 am - 2:00 pm

Available dates listed on sidebar


Workshops:

Beginner's Workshop
This is a beginner's level workshop, meaning if you are already sewing dresses, bags, pillows, etc. you probably won't benefit from the workshop. However, if you have never sewed a stitch before or if you have dabbled in it a bit, but would like to have a better overall foundation of sewing to follow patterns and tutorials, this would be a perfect fit for you!

We will begin with a general overview of sewing with a machine, including the different types of sewing techniques, stitch applications, and the best places to buy fabric and patterns.

We will then move onto several projects which incorporate all of the sewing techniques you will need to begin sewing on your own!
Projects Include:
-Ruffled Scarf
-Baby Bib
-Pillowcase Dress


Applique Workshop(Intermediate Level)
This workshop is for those who have a basic knowledge of sewing and feel comfortable using a sewing machine. In this workshop, we will focus on the applique techique and the construction of a skirt and pants/shorts. You will create a coordinating outfit to take home for your favorite little one (boy or girl)!
Projects include:
-Applique tee
-Twirly skirt
-Ruffled pants or boy shorts



Bags & Totes Workshop (Intermediate Level)
This workshop is for those who have a basic knowledge of sewing and feel comfortable using a sewing machine. In this workshop, we will learn to sew a zipper and also study the basic construction of bags.
Projects Include:
-Ruffled Zipped Pouch
-Market Tote Bag
-Floral Pin


Registration:
The cost is $50 per workshop. To register, just send me an e-mail to ourhappylittlenest@gmail.com with the date of the workshop you are interested in attending.You will recieve a confirmation e-mail with payment details to reserve your spot. Classes are limited to 6 people.

Once you are registered, you will receive further information including directions and the materials you will need to bring to the workshop.

Please let me know if you have any questions! :)

6 comments:

  1. what time are the Wednesday workshops?

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry for the confusion about the times. All of the workshops will begin at 9:00 am and run until about 1:30ish that afternoon. I'll update the post with this info. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS - Harriet, in case you are wondering, I still have your coffee mug you left at the last workshop back in February!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could make it to the July workshops because I'm dying to take a beginner class. Will you have any later this summer?? (Also, I've seen Harriet's handiwork and I hope she's not signing up for beginner! Don't intimidate me, HPC!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! I saw your blog on Ashley Hong's site (we go to church together). Just wanted to stop and say hello! I love your creativity and your family is presh! I hope to check out your next class.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like to know when you have another beginners class. Please let me know. My email is themcntrs07@gmail.com. I just moved to the Lexington area.

    ReplyDelete