Sunday, January 23, 2011

Latest Obsession

Do you remember my lofty goal in December to make two quilts for the girls to open on Christmas morning? Hip hip hooray I did finish them and have now become addicted to quilting. I mean really, what is not to love? I get to use a smorgasbord of pretty fabric and also catch up on a few movies I've been meaning to see (for about a year now!)
Yay for projects that don't require my full attention!
I'm sure this phase will last all of 2 more months, but I've had fun this past month working on another one for a very special little boy due in March.

DSC_0075
I pieced the front together using 4" squares from my fabric stash.

DSC_0079
The backing was some cute brown and white polka dot fabric from good old Hobby Lobby.

DSC_0104

These are some helpful tutorials I used to put the quilt together. As much as I love the stippled look, I wasn't brave enough to try it, nor did I have the walking foot for my sewing machine, so I just used a technique called stitch the ditch.



And I also used these two tutorial to make the binding and then sew the binding to the quilt:


DSC_0113

I love how this little patchwork quilt turned out (way more so than the circle quilts) so I think I may have to make another one for the girls. Quilting appears a lot more intimidating than it really is. If you are interested in making one, I would definitely check out the tutorials. They were very helpful and easy to follow! ;)

2 comments:

  1. I came across your blog through Life as a Thrifter. Your quilt turned out super cute!! Such a small world...I know Joey Delaney from Clemson. Please tell him Amy (Caudle) Lack said hey.

    ReplyDelete